Vacations just aren’t the same when you have to leave your pets at home. The constant worry that comes with leaving them in the care of a kennel, a neighbor, or even a family member is enough to bring a damper to what is supposed to be a relaxing, fun getaway. There are a variety of bed and breakfasts across the United States that are pet friendly, inviting your furry family member to enjoy your vacation with you and have you leaving just your worries at home.
While it would be impossible to list each and every pet friendly destination, this article will focus on the most popular, as rated by vacationing pet owners everywhere.
1. The Galloway House is located in historic Savannah, GA and allows you to keep two well-behaved dogs of any size per apartment except for dogs 9 months or younger, Pit Bulls, Alaskan Malamutes, Rottweilers, Akitas, Chow Chows, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Doberman Pinschers. It is for insurance reasons these dogs are not allowed and there are no exceptions.
2. Casa Del Mar Inn is located in Santa Barbara, CA and allows one large dog or two small dogs for a nightly fee of $15 each, but may not be left in the room unattended.
3. Palmer’s Pinckney Inn is located in Charleston, SC and accepts small pets (under 35 lbs.) for a $50 pet fee, while pets over 35 lbs. are welcome for a $75 fee. Their policy allows for a maximum of 2 dogs with an additional fee of $25.
4. Homestead at Rehoboth Bed & Breakfast is located in Rehoboth Beach, DE and allows up to two pets under 80 lbs. for a fee of $20/stay per pet. Pets over 80 lbs. may be allowed with prior approval. Dogs can stay in the room unattended for short periods of time, if they can behave when left alone. A pet sheet is provided to cover the bedspread so they can relax on the bed and a pet shower and pet towels are also available if your pet gets sandy after visiting the beach. There is a dog walking area and pick up bags on the property as well!
5. Harbour Inne & Cottage is located in Mystic, CT and allows well behaved pets for no fee. The innkeeper simply asks that you clean up after your dogs, make sure nothing is broken, and keep your dog quiet so as not to disturb other guests. A pet friendly policy doesn’t get much better than that!