Spoil your dog with this tasty treat that you can make at home for mere pennies compared to purchasing a comparable treat from a specialty pet shop. I came across this frozen treat recipe for dogs in The Morning Call newspaper. It was submitted by a local reader named Joan Stangl-McGaughey from Bethlehem, Pa.
“I was looking online to find some Frosty Paws coupons the beginning of summer and came across a recipe for them stead,” said Joan. “It is super easy, inexpensive and my dog, Isaac, loves them.”
- 1 ripe banana
- 32-ounce container of plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana, then mix in the remaining ingredients. The mixture will fill 12, five-ounce paper cups about three-fourths full.
- Cover the cups with aluminum foil.
- Put the cups in the freezer for a couple of hours.
“Once frozen, take a pair of scissors and make a small slit at the top of the cup and peel away the cup,” Joan said. “Pop into your dog’s bowl upside down.”